Thursday, January 06, 2005

Back to Her Old Self


Suki Posted by Hello

Finally! It seems Madame Suki has forgiven me for daring to bring home another kitty. For the past few days, she has snubbed me, literally turned her back on me in disgust. Even though it has been the first few nights of uninterrupted sleep for me in years, I have to admit I was feeling sad about the change in her personality.

Yesterday though, when I was watching Alias, she came and lay on the couch next to me and believe it or not - gave me some gentle kitty-kisses with her head. I'm glad that she has been able to get over her anger. She has been playing with Charlie and I think the two of them are going to be just fine together. Charlie still flinches and lays down with Suki runs up to her (Suki is kind of a big kitty), but I think she'll see that Suki isn't going to raise her paw to her anymore.

Oh, the downside? Suki woke me up at 4 am - back into the old habits. (yawn)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Your kitties are beautiful! I know what you mean about feeling guilty for bringing another member into the family. Pablo still chases the cat as soon as he hits the floor. Because of this, the cat remains on couches, tables, counters, beds, chairs...whatever will keep him on high ground. It is kinda funny to see the dog chase him, but I feel kinda terrible about it at the same time! Thanks for your emails! By the way, I am an academic advisor for an online university called Western Governers University. I handle students as well as faculty and our online bookstore and library. It is new, but fun. I am still getting used to not being a student. Keep in touch!